Thursday, July 9, 2015

SnarkWeek Episode 5 Throwback Thursday

Hi All,


SnarkWeek continues by participating in that social media trend, Throwback Thursday.  This clip is from a radio show that aired on December 30, 1989 on WCVH in Flemington.  To put things in perspective, Taylor Swift was only 18 days old.


The inspiration for posting this clip was the Grateful Dead's last concert this past Sunday.


Featured in this clip are:  Pete Collier, Chris Seaman, Dave Wallace and Rosalind Davis.


Enjoy!


Love and Happiness,
The Davis Sisters
Rosalind & Victoria Davis


#snarkbyte


SnarkWeek Day 5: Throwback Thursday 1989

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Chart Attack did a very interesting article: "Why we should care about the Grateful Dead’s retirement"

    http://www.chartattack.com/news/2015/07/06/why-we-should-care-about-the-grateful-deads-retirement/

    Ros D.

    Ros D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish there was a picture of that radio crew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are pictures, however I did not have the time to go and find them. Actually, I use them to bribe my former radio colleagues on a regular basis. I should post one, because I was pretty hot back in the day... LOL!

      Delete
  4. Pete Collier has responded with his comments and updates to the clip:

    Ros,

    Fascinating. I was mostly wrong about my predictions. In 1990 they toured the East in March, July and September. They continued to tour at the same pace until 1995. People did continue to follow individual members and core four tours, but on a much smaller scale. I saw nine shows in 1990. I did not go to Chicago last weekend. Carrie, who I have not seen since about 1993, but whom I am Facebook friends with did go with her teenage daughter. She lives in Colorado now. I am seeing Phil Lesh twice in the future, in September and November. Its funny how being in their 50s made them seem old as I am now in my 50s and the surviving Dead members are in their 70s. Its odd too that the Dead celebrated their 25th year in 90 and their 50th this year.

    Pete

    ReplyDelete